Home Page Links & Resources Business Useful forms Web Site Policy Minutes Reports Contact
TITLE
January February   March  April_ May June
July August September October November December
 
 
January

 

DCM:              Susie A.

Treasurer:         Mike G. 

Secretary:         Delori S

Committee Chairs                                          Group Representatives

Kelly G. (January quarterly committee)       Johnny M (FWMS)

Wayne O  (PI)                                                 Betty W (One Way)

                                                                          Bill W (Federal Way Sunday Step)

                                                                           Michael G (Sober on Saturday)

                                                                           Jon K (F.W. Men’s Monday Stag)

The meeting began at 7:00 p.m.

Birthdays:

Kelly G. is celebrating 11 years on the 7th.  Happy Birthday Kelly!

DCM Report (Susie H.):

Thank you to everybody who came and helped with the quarterly.  The new area delegate would like to focus on corrections for her term.  She is asking all the DCM’s to spread the word.

District 32 has been asked to sponsor a GSR workshop by Trisha.

The picnic site has been reserved.  The date of the picnic is July 15th from 3:00 to 8:00

She has signed up for PRASSA.

She has no access to a photo copy machine at work.  Copies will be costing the district 4 cents per copy.

There was discussion concerning how far in advance that she should be registering for the quarterlies.  The group decided that 1 month ahead of time.

What is going on in the area?  Susie distributed the current area budget, the three motions to be discussed with the home groups, information on the delegate’s report, a report on pros and cons of having two assemblies per year, and a registration form for the area assembly.  It will be in Lynnwood this year on October 5, 6, and 7, 2007.

A motion was made and to accept the DCM report.  The motion passed.

Secretary Report (Jim):

Jim brought the minutes from the 2005 December meeting.

The minutes were not accepted by the District.

January Quarterly Committee Member (Kelly):

Kelly reported that the total amount of money collected by the District was $2,274.65 and the total cost to the District was $1,947.81 leaving an overage of $326.84.

There was discussion concerning what the District should do with the overage.  The District made the decision to send the $326.84 back to the area.  The District treasurer will wait until next month to prepare a final report for the District concerning the money.  The District wanted to wait an extra month to make sure that all of the expenses had been paid.

Jean Paul reported that there is nothing going on.

Public Information

Wayne is still waiting information from the last chair person.  He has a PI Quarterly coming up in February.  It is on Camano Island.

Judy – Not here tonight.

Jonnie – Not here tonight.

Corrections:

Larry – Not here tonight.

Treatment

Larry – Not here tonight but she will go to the Treatment quarterly.

Only vacant chair is the Archivist.

Susie Talked to Mike.  She wants district chairs to let Mike know if they are planning on doing anything that costs money.

Jean Paul would be willing to email meeting reminders to people who have email.

The turnout at this District meeting was small because of the weather.

Group reports:

Jonny – Federal Way Men’s Stag – Kelly is organizing a hockey game for the end of January.

Bill – Federal Way Sunday Step – Meets on Sunday night.  Great meeting.  The meeting is growing.

Betty – One Way Group – Monday night meeting at 8:00.  Only has 6 – 8 people attending, so they need support. The meeting is looking for gifts of books, coins, or literature.

John – Monday Nite Men’s Stag – Going over Joe and Charlie tapes.

Mike – Sober on Saturday – Pretty small meeting – They focus on the first 164 pages of the Big Book.  Birthdays are celebrated on the last Saturday of the month.

The meeting was closed in the usual manner.

 

February

 

March

 

April

 

May

 

June
 
July
 
August
 
September
 
October

 

The Meeting was opened with the Serenity Prayer, Preamble and 12 Traditions.

Reports

DCM – Susie:

Assembly was well attended.

At the Dec 12th GSR meeting the Area PI Chair will attend.

Our District was asked to bid on the 2012 Assembly.

Kelly G. volunteered to do some preliminary checking out of facilities for a bid.

Need an Alternate DCM. Gary volunteered, was nominated and voted in as Alt DCM. Thanks Gary.

Secretary – Pam:

It was discussed about reports/minutes being emailed to members. The discussion was favorable.

Also discussed was the possibility of taping the GSR meetings so the secretary can later transcribe the meeting from the recorder. Larry contributed a tape recorder and the group passed a motion that a recorder can be used.

Treasurer – Mike:

The treasurers report for last month was distributed to members and a motion was made to accept the report and the motion was passed.

CPC – No Report John Paul was absent.

Webmaster – Mike:

Mike has just taken over the Webmaster position and is cleaning up files and getting them organized for a better and up to date website.

PI – Wayne:

Made the suggestion that each GSR go back to their groups and create a new service position of Group PI chair. These Group PI’s would report to Wayne and have meetings to organize and provide services and information to the communities.

Accessibility – Kelly:

No Report

Grapevine Literature – Bette:

Pitching for subscriptions to the groups.

Treatment – Jonni:

Needs more males for the Bridging the Gap program. District 32 will be hosting the Treatment Quarterly in July 2008 – needs committee. Jonni also needs an Alternate Treatment Chair to help her out. Any volunteers?>

Correction - Larry:

Are we "going to any length"? Larry passed out a flyer regarding information on the Pink Can. This is to take back to your groups to explain what the Pink Can is and if the group would be interested in committing to pass the Pink Can at meetings to collect funds for Corrections. Nice job Larry.

Archives – Jim C.:

Archivists from Area to Pass on CD.

Old Business:

An email from Randal who ran the inventory was read. He had 3 areas that he suggested we might consider addressing: Continued GSR education, Establishing full standing committees with reps from the Groups, Reaching out to the Alano Club Groups. Susie handed out the preliminary printing of the Trusted Servants Handbook. These Handbooks will eventually be read to the groups and will ask groups for approval. For this month, the GSR’s and chairs are asked to read through the handbook and make recommendations. A copy of a proposed Budget for 2008 was also handed out.

John presented a great idea as per the above suggestion by Randal – he suggested an informational flyer be made by each standing committee to hand out at meetings. This flyer would explain what each committee’s duties are to AA and how group members can help by volunteering. This would fulfill establishing full standing committees with reps from the Groups.

Announcements were made.

We closed in the usual manner and adjoined at 8:30 pm

Respectfully Submitted,

Pam J.

Secretary

 

November  

 

The Meeting was opened with the Serenity Prayer, Preamble and 12 Traditions.

 DCM – Susie:

I am so happy that Gary H has been elected Alt. DCM.  I have kept him busy this month with a DCM/Alt. DCM dinner, attending the CPC quarterly as Jean-Paul was out of town, and being part of the HS panel at Riverside HS health classes.  Beginning next month, he will start submitting our newsletter article to the area and hopefully start keeping a better track of all the addresses, emails, changes in positions, getting new groups registered. I have made my flight and hotel reservations for PRAASA for March of next year. I have received the labels for the new mailing address for contributions to WW Area 72.  Please let home group members know that the Area PI Chair, Steve, is coming next month to our district meeting, which is Monday Dec. 17th at 7:00.  He has much to share on what, how, what not, and ideas on Public Information.  Also, since this is the last meeting of 2007 (and close to Christmas) we usually have a little Potluck (desserts, appetizers, etc.) The Potluck idea was discussed and it was decided we would do it.  So bring your favorite finger food to our Dec Meeting.  There is a new meeting that started a few weeks ago at Green River CC and I brought some flyers.  It is Tuesdays at noon and 50 minutes to allow time to get to classes.  A flyer for Burien Little Assembly was passed out and it was discussed that District 32 was one of the districts which was hosting the Assembly.  Jim will be doing the archives for the Assembly.  Our district usually donates $50 for the assembly.  A motion was made and passed to donate the $50.  Report was accepted.

 Alt. DCM – Gary:

Encouraging all of us to get the word out for participation in the different panels going into the High Schools to spread the message and information regarding Alcoholics Anonymous.  Report was accepted.

 Secretary – Pam:

The minutes were approved from the October meeting.  Pam and Gary will work on putting together a list of current GSR and Standing Committee members along with phone numbers and email addresses.  This list will be distributed to all members by email or hard copy.  The form for the Committee meetings is in PDF and needs to be converted to Word format…John Paul volunteered to do that conversion.  The emailing reports seems to be working well.

 Treasurer – Mike:

The treasurers report for last month was distributed to members and it was noted we had a very good month financially.  The report was accepted.

 CPC – John Paul:

JP attended intergroup meeting.  Has had several requests from fraternities – willing audience?  Presented a panel at Auburn Riverside for 3rd time.  Will make phone calls to other High Schools Health teachers.  He has been working on the Handbook drafts.  John Paul will be getting a new hip on Dec. 3rd.  Our prayers are with you my friend.  Gary had some comments regarding the quarterly he attended in John Paul’s place.  The websites were discussed and how the message can be carried more efficiently.  Report was accepted.

 Webmaster – Mike:

Mike has continued to better the website -   Updating information of committee members and their current email addresses.  He also is correcting addresses for AA contributions and trying to update meeting schedule times.  We discussed whether the minutes for the GSR meetings should be posted after they are accepted or be posted the month they are written.  We decided to have Mike post them as “awaiting approval”.  By doing this it keeps the reports current.  Check out the website at:  dist32aa.org.  The report was accepted.

 PI – Wayne:

Had a panel take Q&A @ Riverside HS Health Classes.  Wayne made a flyer regarding the Dec 17th District meeting.  Made flyers for Traditions workshop on Dec 1st.  The first PI Committee meeting is at his house on Jan 9th.  He needs committee member from Home Groups.  We had a good time giving Wayne a hard time about the 8 emails we all got from him but in all seriousness Wayne did a great job and is working hard to carry the message.  Thanks Wayne.  Report accepted.

 Accessibility – Kelly:

Accessibility Quarterly is coming up.  Short and sweet - report accepted.

Grapevine Literature – Bette:

Continues to pitch for subscriptions to the groups.  She is pushing the idea of Grapevine subscriptions as a Christmas present.  Has had little response but will continue to talk about the Grapevine and try to get to business meetings at different meetings.   Report accepted.

 Treatment – Jonni:

Announcing committee for Treatment Quarterly on July 2008.  She needs an Alternate to help her out.  Delivered Pierce County schedules to Intercept.  Report accepted.

 Correction - Larry:

Resigned as GSR for the White River group but wants to retain his position as Treatment Chair for the District.  Some things are changing in Larry’s personal life and he is moving north for a short time.  It was discussed as to the requirements for a Chair not living in the area.  It was discussed by the group and a motion was passed that Larry could continue as Correction Chair as long as he is committed to doing the work for the District which he assured the group that he is committed to the position.  A motion was passed to allow Larry to continue as Corrections Chair.  The Pink Can Program was discussed and two Pink Cans were awarded to Donna of Federal Way Women and John of Federal Way Men Stag.  Larry also presented our treasurer $101 from his home group, The White River group.  This contribution was as a direct result of the Pink Can Program.  The funds will be logged in and used later to carry the message into Correctional facilities.  Thank you White River.  Larry passed out a flyer regarding “What’s all this Pass it on Stuff”.  Great Flyer regarding working in Correctional facilities.  A potluck will be help at Seattle Intergroup at 6th and Lucile on Dec 8  for the Western Washington Correctional Quarterly.  The delegate, Gail H., will be speaking at the meeting.  Report was accepted.

 Archives – Jim C.:

The Quarterly was held at Seattle Intergroup on Nov 3rd.  They had on display a first printing of the First Edition of the Big Book. One of the highlights of the National Archives Workshop in Phoenix, AZ was the book our “Stories Disclosed”.  It was a featured item at the workshop and it was reported that our Area is one of the few, if not only, that has funded and printed a book regarding their area’s recovery.  Discussed collectors vs archivists…meaning some future AAers misrepresent themselves.  Report accepted.

 Old Business:

A flyer regarding information on the Burien Little Assembly was distributed.  This event is held in the Spring and is run totally on contributions from the groups.  It is suggested we mention to our home groups that the suggested donation is  $30.  The District Handbook was discussed briefly and tabled for a future meeting.  It was suggested to have some workshops regarding different AA subjects like the Traditions, sponsorship, Service – going the extra mile.  To encourage members to attend and learn more about service work and where they can serve.  A committee will be put together for the picnic and gratitude potluck at a later date.

 We had great attendance at this District meeting and a few new faces were introduced and welcomed.

 Announcements for Groups were made. 

 GSR Reports:

 Wed Night Women in Recovery – Celebrated their first Gratitude Dinner this year and it was a success with a potluck and  2 speakers.

 Friday Night Live – Held their 2nd Annual Gratitude PotLuck on Nov. 16th.  Had about 50 people attend and each shared what they were grateful for.

 Federal Way Men’s Stag – The Power of the Fellowship was reveled when two members shared some very serious health issues.  Upcoming events are 1/11-1/13 Spiritual Men’s Retreat.

 Federal Way Women -  Monday, Nov 12th held our annyual Gratitude dinner.  Had a great crown and a wonderful speaker meeting after dinner.  FYI – No meeting at the church on Monday, Dec 24th – we will decide if there will be a meeting elsewhere.

 One Way – Having Gratitude Dinner on Nov. 26th at 7 pm.

 Anonymity Group – Great meetings, lots of sobriety.  Rotating steps and chapters from the Big Book.  Meeting could use support – please pass the word.

 Women in Recovery Thursday Night – Good attendance with many newcomers.  We had our Gratitude Potluck on Nov 15 and heard an awesome speakers.

 Healthy Women – Gratitude Dinner was held on Nov 4th celebrating 25 years of meetings.  Betty W. , the founding member of this group, was presented with her 30 year coin and five of the original founding members shared their experience from the early days of this meeting.  It was a wonderful night of sharing and camaraderie.

  We closed in the usual manner and adjoined at 8:30 pm

 Respectfully Submitted,

 Pam J.

Secretary

December
 

The Meeting was opened with the Serenity Prayer, Preamble and 12 Traditions.

 The meeting was started with Steve, the District PI, sharing his duties.  It was a very interesting share and extremely informative.  Thank you Steve,

 Birthdays for the month of December were JP and John with 11 years and Bob from Hawaii with 2 years.

 DCM – Susie:

Reported it was a quiet month.  She presented the budget for approval.  There was some discussion regarding reimbursement for mileage.   40 cents a mile was voted on and approved.  The budget was approved.  Susie will be attending the January 2008 quarterly, to be held on Jan 4th and 5th @ Little Creek Casino in Shelton.  The Burien Little Assembly still needs help, with panels and crews.  She also passed out a flyer regarding the Area Treasurers request to make sure all groups are sending area contributions to the right address.  PLEASE let your group treasurers make sure the address is correct.  The report was approved.

 Alt. DCM – Gary:  

Report was accepted.

 Secretary – Pam:

The minutes were approved from the November meeting. 

 Treasurer – Mike:

The treasurers report for last month was distributed to members and a motion was made to approve them and it was passed.  The 2008 budget was passed out, discussed, and passed.  Noted that mileage consideration was lowered to $.40 a mile this year from $.485 a mile last year.  After some discussion the budget was accepted.

 CPC – John Paul:

No report.

  Webmaster – Mike: 

Mike has continued to better the website -   getting the emails directed to Kelly and Grapevine to Susie for Betty.  Updated meetings schedules and addresses in Word on the web and connected the meetings to mapquest for directions.  The Website looks awesome…thank you Mike.  Check out the website at:  district32aa.org.  The report was accepted.

 PI – Wayne:

Had another inquiry about AA from a couple classmates from Riverside High School.  Trying to stir some interest in the first District PI Committee meeting on January 9, 2008.  No commitments yet.  Report was accepted.

 Accessibility – Kelly:

Susie and Kelly are going to put a bid in for the 2012 Area Assembly – October 2012.  Kelly spoke with the Double Tree and received some cost quotes.  Talked with Lee Kyrsiak who has the training for Signing.  He does offer his servies for the district or the meetings.  For more information call: 253-632-0817.  Report accepted.

 Grapevine Literature – Bette:  

No report.

 Treatment and BTG – Jonni:

 Still looking for a committee for the July 2008 quarterly.  Looking for a facility to hold the Quarterly.  BTG is slow so far.  Has received the new contact list from Western WA Area 72 with all treatment and BTG contacts.  Planning on putting some literature packs together for the out patient facilities.  Report accepted.

 Correction - Larry:

Enough sponsors to sponsor the Pioneer Federal Detention Work Center.  The clearances have been submitted and are awaiting approval.  Once approved many team members to carry a meeting in every Saturday.  Thanks to the District and the members who participated in this activity.  The meetings will be tentatively held on early Saturday evening.  The Quarterly was held at Seattle Intergroup.  18 correctional chairs attended.  Information was shared and the meeting was a great success.  Toni T, Area 72 BTG for Corrections, would like to come and give a presentation to the GSR’s in February.  The Pink Can was briefly mentioned with some history of his origins.  The Report was accepted.

 Archives – Jim C.:

 Gary and Jim C. went to the storage and took inventory and reviewed available footage (space available) to share unit with District 18, archivist Merry O. Talked with Merry and told her I would get from the group the cost of storage and decide how to share the cost.  Merry needs enough room to store 4 plastic totes.  Should be available room by organizing the space to maximize space available.  Will contact her before District 18 meeting Thursday, Dec. 20th.  WE discussed the cost to her to be 50% per month which would be $ 40.  Jim received second issue of the Western WA Area Assembly newsletter.  Added to archives a copy of Bill W’s admission slip to Town’s Hospital in New York City to be treated for the 4th and final time by Dr. Silkworth from Bill Cleveland.  Jim was willing to give up his coffee position since he has been doing it for over a year.  Mary volunteered.  Thank you Mary.  Report was accepted.

 Announcements for Groups were made. 

 GSR Reports:

Sober on Saturday – The group just finished “Into Action” and will be starting “ Working with Others” out of the Big Book.

 Brown Bag – Added in the preamble – “If anyone wishes to be a sponsor please raise your hand.”  There will be meetings during the holidays.  Same schedule.

 One Way – Nothing new happening.

Friday Nite Live – We usually have a Step 1 for the newcomers and there is an ongoing Big Book study.

 Anonymity Group – Great meetings, lots of sobrierty.  Biurthday meetin is last Wed of the month and celebrated with cake and coins.  Meeting reads rotating steps and chapters from the Big Book.  Meeting coul use support.  Please get the word out.

 Federal Way Women’s group – Meetings for the holidays on Monday will be at Denny’s on 320th for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.  There should be a new GSR in January for this group.

 White River – Group is growing and we have all service positions filled.  We have our annual Christmas Dinner coming up.  We have introduced a Pink Can program to raise money for literature for the incarcerated in which our group is very proud of. 

 Women In Recovery – Great meeting for Women only.  This meeting includes AA and Al Anon members and there is lots of good sobriety and is well attended.  We have childcare.

 We closed in the usual manner and adjoined at 8:30 pm

 Respectfully Submitted,

 Pam J.

Secretary

 

  



Temporarily disabled Contact Us